Guitar Techniques July 2013 (#219)
Apr 13 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques July 2013 (#219) contents:
- Upgrade your blues… with hexatonic scales. Phil Capone’s going to make you an offer you can’t refuse – he’ll show you how to become a more versatile blues guitarist!
- Odd time signatures. Broaden your horizons. Play music in fives, sevens and beyond!
- Bob Brozman – Styles and techniques. Learn to play in Bob’s extraordinary styles
- Dire Straits – Lady Writer. Classic Knopfler transcribed just for you!
- Erik Satie – Gymnopedie No.3. A classical masterpiece arranged for guitar.
- Lessons Introduction – Jason ‘B&Q’ Sidwell shows how you can develop and augment your ‘musical toolbox’.
- 30-Minute Lickbag – Six more licks at all playing levels, from BIMM Brighton’s talented Terry Lewis.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft dissects the hugely influential electric blues guitar style of the one and only Freddie King. ES-355s at the ready!
- Rock – Martin Cooper goes mainstream with a look at the guitar style of Foreigner’s Mick Jones.
- Creative rock – Shaun Baxter describes how to create ear-catching lines using 2nd intervals.
- Hot country – Andy Saphir shows you how to play in the style of the multitalented Vince Gill.
- Jazz – Jim Hall influenced Pat Metheny, Mike Stern, John Scofield and Bill Frisell. Pete Callard shows how he can influence you too!
- Acoustic – Do you remember Swing Low, Sweet Chariot? Of course you do! Now you can learn this legendary spiritual on acoustic guitar.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his essential A-Z of music with a look at К for Key signature, Key change and Kumoi scale!
- Video Masterclass. Clive Carroll lesson – The second of a three part masterclass with this amazing acoustic virtuoso!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques June 2013
Next issue: Guitar Techniques August 2013
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages