Guitar Techniques January 2013 (#212)
Feb 22 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques January 2013 (#212) contents:
- Ultimate Blues Lesson. Exclusive video with Oz Noy! Learn how you can use everything from the minor pentatonic to the altered scale to get the very most out of the blues.
- Bowie’s Fab Fretmen. 10 great guitarists. Mick Ronson, Robert Fripp, SRV, Nile Rodgers, Earl Slick, Adrian Belew, Carlos Alomar, Mick Walker, Reeves Gabrels and Bowie himself!
- Mahavishnu orchestra. Lila’s Dance. Play this fusion classic from the acclaimed album Visions Of The Emerald Beyond!
- Vivaldi – The Four Seasons: Winter. Paul Bielatowicz transcribes Vivaldi’s final seasonal piece for shred guitar. Enjoy!
- Frederic Chopin. Prelude In E Minor. Another beautiful classical guitar transcription from Bridget Mermikides, just for you!
- Lessons introduction. Flash Sidwell saves the universe by showing everyone how to be better guitar players.
- 30-Minute Lickbag – Six diverse licks in easy, intermediate and advanced flavours from Terry Lewis.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft looks at the bluesier side of a legendary LA sessioneer and fusion ace – the one and only Larry Carlton.
- Rock – Martin Cooper dissects the funky and shreddy style of Extreme’s Nuno Bettancourt.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter has some advanced picking hand tapping to challenge you this month!
- Hot Country Lead – Andy Saphir on an essential cornerstone of country music; the major pentatonic scale.
- Jazz – Pete Callard’s tribute this month is to one of the greatest jazz guitarists of the 20th century: the awesome Barney Kessel.
- Acoustic: Stuart Ryan arranges and transcribes a classic folk piece – The Star Of The County Down.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z of music theory. This month it’s D for Decrescendo, Dive-bomb, Dorian and Double-stops.
- Video Masterclass – Oz Noy One-To-One Lesson. Oz shows how to inject life into a blues progression with some great new ideas.
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques December 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques February 2013
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages