Guitar Techniques February 2013 (#213)
Feb 28 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques February 2013 (#213) contents:
- Albert Lee & Hogan’s Heroes – Tear It Up. Jon Bishop shows us how to play a country classic boasting fine chops and awesome fretwork from the mighty Albert Lee!
- Joni Mitchell – Little Green. Learn this wonderful tune for capoed acoustic guitar, cherry picked from this masterful singer-songwriter’s legendary album, Blue.
- Ultimate R&B – Stax & Motown. Play guitar in the styles of the session legends behind the incredible 60s and 70s soul hits.
- Beethoven – Pathetique Sonata. Another beautiful classical guitar transcription from our maestro Bridget Mermikides.
- Mozart – Rondo Alla Turca. Paul Bielatowicz shreds his way through a vibrant Mozart piece in the last of his series.
- Lessons Introduction – Darth Sidwell points his light sabre at the highlights of this month’s lessons section.
- 30 – Minute Lickbag. Six diverse licks in easy, intermediate and advanced flavours from Terry Lewis.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft plays the blues like the much respected but highly underrated Ronnie Earl.
- Rock – Martin Cooper on the unmistakeable rock guitar style of The Who’s Pete Townshend.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter mixes legato and sweep picking for some of your hottest licks ever!
- Hot Country Lead: Andy Saphir on a surprising but often used country scale – the minor pentatonic.
- Jazz – Pete Callard’s current tribute is to a brilliant guitarist with a truly incredible range: the late, great Talmage Holt Farlow.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan starts a new column on how to play the acoustic guitar… faster!
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z of music theory. This month it’s E for Economy picking, Enigmatic scale, Eroica and Extended chords.
- Video Masterclass – Jerry Donahue Lesson. The first in an exclusive three part masterclass from a true Titan of the Telecaster!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques January 2013
Next issue: Guitar Techniques March 2013
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages