Guitar Techniques February 2012 (#200)
Nov 30 2014
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques February 2012 (#200) contents:
- 200 Tips To Become A Better Guitarist. Musical tips, gear tips, tone tips and star tips to make you a more rounded musician. With Jon Bishop, Jason Sidwell and Neville Marten.
- Jimi Hendrix – Hey Joe. Is this the blues-rock classic of blues-rock classics? We think it might be! Steve Allsworth tabs every lick and bend of this superb track.
- Mozart. Piano Concerto 21 Andante. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes the beautiful ‘Elvira Madigan’ piece for solo guitar. Learn it and impress your friends!
- J. S. Bach – Toccata and Fugue. Another impressive piece that Paul Bielatowicz has tabbed for you – go and see him with Carl Palmer and he plays it live in his solo spot!
- Lessons Introduction. Santa Sidwell brings you a sack of festive delights as he introduces Issue 200’s holiday season lessons section!
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six more great licks in easy, intermediate and advanced levels from Scott McGill – from Mick Ronson to bebop saxophonist John Coltrane!
- Blues – John Wheatcroft waxes lyrical over a man who played with blues and soul’s greats – the criminally under-sung Cornell Dupree.
- Rock – Martin Cooper examines the style of Australia’s Number One rock export – the mighty AC/DC, with guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young.
- Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter begins a new series showing us creative ways to solo over specific chord types – this month we begin with major 7ths.
- Perfect Pentatonics. The Guitar Institute’s Manuel Ahlqvist starts an excellent new series demonstrating just how musical pentatonic scales can be.
- Jazz. Pete Callard continues his exploration of solo guitar – this month he shows us more enlightening ways to end a performance.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan presents the third in his series on the popular American bluegrass style.
- Video Masterclass. Philip Sayce Pt.2. More incredible playing and advice from this simply superb young blues guitarist…
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques January 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques March 2012
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages