Guitar Techniques December 2013 (#224)
May 16 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques December 2013 (#224) contents:
- Giants of Blues. Play like 11 of the best! Jacob Quistgaard unveils the guitar styles of T-Bone, the three Kings, SRV, Clapton, Albert Collins, Gary Moore, Buddy Guy and more!
- Drop Tuning. Extend your guitar’s range. Detune your sixth string (low E) further and open up a whole new world of styles, from bone crunching nu metal to airy Americana!
- Eva Cassidy – Autumn Leaves. Learn Eva’s unique folky take on the much loved jazz standard Autumn Leaves and appreciate what a special talent she was!
- Verdi – La Donna e Mobile. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes a familiar and highly popular Verdi piece from Rogoletto, for solo classical guitar.
- Lessons introduction. Our music editor Jason Sidwell introduces this month’s feature packed Lessons section.
- 30-Minute Lickbag – BIMM’s Terry Lewis has six more licks for you in easy, intermediate and advanced flavours!
- Blues – Wheaty goes down to the crossroads to trade licks with the legendary Robert Johnson.
- Rock – Martin Cooper visits Madchester to take a look at the style of native band the Stone Roses.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter continues his series on intervallic soloing with a look at the jarring 7th.
- Hot Country – Andy Saphir meets another modern country superstars, the mega-selling Shania Twain.
- Prog – Paul Bielatowicz on the unique guitar mastery of King Crimson’s masterful Robert Fripp.
- Jazz – Pete Callard outlines the guitar style of Mississippi born jazz genius, Mundell Lowe.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan starts a brand new series on contemporary singer-songwriters – this month it’s Ben Howard.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z with P for Palm muting, Pre-bends and Phrygian mode!
- Video Masterclass. Robben Ford Pt 1. Robben shares his bluesy secrets with you, so get ready to sound cool and sophisticated…
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques November 2013
Next issue: ~
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages