Guitar Techniques December 2011
Apr 24 2017
Guitar Techniques December 2011 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers playalong.
Guitar Techniques December 2011 (#198) contents:
- 50 Gorgeous Chords …and how to use them! Wanna learn some fabulous new chords? Jim Clark has come up with a special selection to really spice up your music.
- Pink Floyd – Money. Play the cool 7/4 riff and Dave Gilmour’s soaring solos from this full transcription of the Dark Side Of The Moon classic!
- Ravel – Bolero. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes this wonderful piece that will remind you of the Dudley Moore and Bo Derek film 10.
- CPE Bach – Soifeggietto. Paul Bielatowicz dares you to play this baroque masterpiece on shred guitar!
- Lessons introduction. Professor Sidwell introduces you to this month’s technques section!
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six more great licks in easy, intermediate and advanced levels from Scott McGill – The Shads’ Hank Marvin to Marilyn Manson’s John 5.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft takes a look at BB King’s brilliant blues-box bends.
- Rock – Martin Cooper looks outside the box with Vernon Reid’s unique Living Colour style.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter shows how you can shift through the gears while playing a solo.
- Harmonics – Tech Music School’s Alex Puddu concludes his series with a lesson on tapped harmonics. Eddie Van Halen eat your heart out!
- Jazz – Pete Callard continues his exploration of jazz solo guitar intros. Gibson ES-175s at the ready!
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan will have you playing bluegrass and squealing like a pig in next to no time!
- Rockschool – James Uings explains the importance of having a well organised and disciplined practice regime.
- Video Masterclass. Joe Satriani Pt.2. Satch continues his exclusive video masterclass by showing you his unique legato style!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques November 2011
Next issue: Guitar Techniques January 2012
Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.
Text Format PDF, 100 pages