Guitar Techniques August 2012 (#207)
Jan 17 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques August 2012 (#207) contents:
- Six-String Decathlon – Ultimate 10-Stage Workout. John Wheatcroft’s exclusive feature will exercise ten vital guitar-playing disciplines and hone you into a better player – guaranteed!
- The Clash – London Calling. Steve Allsworth celebrates the Olympics, the Queen’s jubilee and England winning Euro 2012 (cough), with a true post-punk anthem!
- Vangelis – Chariots Of Fire! Bridget arranges and transcribes one of the most evocative film themes ever, written by the incredible ambient prog composer…
- Debussy – Clair de Lune. Paul Bielatowicz excels himself with perhaps his most brilliant shredaptation yet. You may want to fully warm up before you attempt it!
- Lessons Introduction. Trainer Sidwell introduces our brimming lessons section. “Oi! Twice more round that two-octave sweep-picked arpeggio!”
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six diverse licks in easy, intermediate and advanced flavours from Scott McGill.
- Blues. Jacob Quistgaard examines the high-octane playing of a big man who’s riding high in the current blues charts – Walter Trout.
- Rock – Martin Cooper looks at the fiery yet very musical playing of Mr Big’s Paul Gilbert.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter concludes his mini series on major 7th soloing with the Lydian #2 scale.
- Hot Country Lead. Andy Saphir meets one of country guitar’s leading lights, the UK’s own Albert Lee.
- Jazz Special! Gianluca Corona celebrates the wonderful work of the Godfather of jazz guitar, Joe Pass
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan pays tribute to the recently departed folk, blues and bluegrass guitar picker, the great Doc Watson.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths savors the sophisticated bluesy vibe of the Mixolydian mode.
- Video Masterclass. Buddy Whittington Part 3. Our Texan friend and super blues guitarist winds up his three-parter with more great ideas.
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques July 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques September 2012
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages