Guitar Techniques August 2011
Apr 17 2017
Guitar Techniques August 2011 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques August 2011 (#194) contents:
- 20 Slide licks You Have To Know! Who doesn’t want to play this most evocative of blues guitar styles? We know we do! Let Jon Bishop turn you into a bottleneck beast!
- The Beatles – Yesterday. It’s the most covered song of all time! Stuart Ryan not only tabs Macca’s original part but gives you a brilliant solo version to learn too.
- Toto – Hold The Line. Steve Allsworth tabs this brilliant slice of raunchy US rock with a cracking Steve Lukather solo. We even tab the piano intro!
- Beethoven – Fur Elise. Another great Bridget transcription of a classic piece of music. This Ludwig van Beethoven tune is ideal for transposing to guitar, too.
- Lessons introduction – Jason tells what’s on offer.
- 30-minute Lickbag – BIMM’s Scott McGill has six more great licks: from easy peasy to lemon squeezy!
- Blues – John Wheatcroft continues his exploration of blues issues by examining the use of chromaticism in your solos.
- Rock – Martin Cooper gets to put his shiny duds, spiky wig and stacked heels this month as he brings us glam rock’s finest: Mick Ronson.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter continues his new series by looking at more chord inversions.
- Slap Guitar – Tech Music School’s Alex Puddu concludes his slap guitar series with a full workout!
- Jazz – Pete Callard shows us how in solo jazz performance we can double our chord bank by using tritone substitutions and II V Is.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan meets a man who’s celebrating septuagenarianism – the great Bob Dylan.
- Rockschool – James Uings with more Grade 6 ideas. This time: playing through changes.
- Video Masterclass – Rodney Branigan Pt. 1. This fantastic young acoustic guitarist shows us some of his amazing techniques!
- Next Month – in Guitar Techniques 195 we lead with a cover feature on minor blues soloing, plus Oasis’s Don’t Look Back in Anger and Dave Lee Roth’s Ladie’s Nite in Buffalo tabbed. New ‘harmonics’ series too!
Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.
Text Format PDF, 76 pages
Previous issue: Guitar techniques July 2011
Next issue: Guitar techniques September 2011Download Guitar Techniques August 2011 free and other lessons from our site