Guitar Techniques April 2013 (#215)
Mar 15 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques April 2013 (#215) contents:
- Harmony Guitar – Play polyphonic masterpieces. Learn to perform multiple guitar parts in the styles of Thin Lizzy, Queen, Vai and The Eagles, and come up with original ideas of your own!
- Eric Clapton – Minor and major blues. Jon Bishop shows us how to play lead guitar like the Bluesbreaker, Cream and solo artist who influenced so many others.
- Scott Henderson – Well To The Bone. Jacob Quistgaard introduces a blues number with some awesomely raw playing and a thunderous shuffle to die for.
- Francisco Tarrega – Pavana. Another classical masterpiece, arranged and transcribed exclusively for you by our classical diva in residence, Bridget Mermikides!
- Lessons introduction – Julius Sidwell presides over this month’s lesson empire with a staff of rosewood.
- 30-Minute Lickbag – Six more licks at ‘cinch’, ‘capable’ and ‘crikey!’ levels, from BIMM Brighton’s Terry Lewis.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft looks at the bluesier side of the late, great Gary Moore.
- Rock – Martin Cooper on the essential rock style of Led Zep’s mighty Jimmy Page…
- Creative rock – Shaun Baxter’s ready with another challenging shredfest. You have been warned!
- Hot country lead – Andy Saphir will spice up your country licks with some tasty bends this month.
- Prog – Paul Bielatowicz uncovers the vintage Genesis prog guitar style of Steve Hackett.
- Jazz – Pete Callard’s back with some hot licks from the legendary Wes Montgomery.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan dissects the unmistakeably earthy acoustic style of Bert Jansch.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z of music theory. This month he focuses on G for Gargle, Glissando, Grave and Gypsy Jazz!
- Video masterclass. Jerry Donahue lesson. Jerry’s third and final masterclass is a feast of cool bends including behind the nut and more!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques March 2013
Next issue: Guitar Techniques Spring 2013
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages