Guitar Techniques April 2012 (#202)
Dec 13 2014
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques April 2012 (#202) contents:
- 25 New tricks to play better rhythm. Jon Bishop brings you five great exercises in five cool styles that will give you some great ideas for things to do when you’re not soloing!
- Kansas – Carry On Wayward Son. If this fantastic track doesn’t qualify for one of the top riffs ever, then we’ll eat the GT hat! Steve Allsworth tabs out this Kansas classic.
- Erik Satie – Gymnopedie No.1. You’ve heard it on TV commercials and as background music in a hundred films. Bridget arranges this lovely piece for solo guitar.
- Chopin – Etude No.5 Opus 10. Paul Bielatowicz continues his delve into Chopin’s Etudes. We trust your fingers are warm, your frets lubed and your mind clear!
- Lessons Introduction. Using Pete’s Jazz column as ammunition, Jason Sidwell responds to the question: Are mags like Guitar Techniques killing creativity?
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six more great licks in easy, intermediate and advanced levels from Scott McGill – from Pete Townshend chords to George Van Eps jazz.
- Blues. John Wheatcroft meets the hottest blues ticket in town – the irrepressible Joe Bonamassa!
- Rock – Martin Cooper reviews Ritchie Blackmore’s super playing with early Deep Purple.
- Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter with more major soloing. This month he examine major chord arpeggios.
- Pentatonics. The Guitar Institute’s Manuel Ahlqvist treats us to more new pentatonic ideas – this month it’s the very cool Mixolydian pentatonic.
- Jazz – Pete Callard looks at interesting ways to employ open-voiced triads in jazz.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan presents the last in his series on the American bluegrass guitar style.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths introduces the major 3rd into the minor pentatonic and blues scales.
- Video Masterclass. Eric Sardinas Pt.2. More from this amazing resonator slide player! Allen Hinds Pt.1. This GIT tutor and fine blues/fusion player has some cool electric slide ideas for you…
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques March 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques Spring 2012
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages