Guitar Play-Along Volume 8 – Classic Metal
Feb 04 2015
The Guitar Play-Along DVD series lets you hear and see how to play songs like never before. The visual portion of the teacher playing is clean, clear and easy to understand and translate onto your own guitar. Just watch, listen and learn! Each song starts with a lesson from a professional guitar teacher. Then, the teacher performs the complete song along with professionally recorded backing tracks. You can choose to turn the guitar off if you want to play along, or leave the guitar in the mix to hear how it should sound.
You can also choose from three viewing options: fret hand with tab, wide view with tab, pick & fret hands close-up. Each DVD includes great songs that all guitarists will want to know!
There is SO much material out there for learning how to play guitar. The DVD offers 3 different views of the instructor playing each song. Included in your choice of views is:
1) Shows a split screen – with a close up look at the fret work on top and running tablature on the bottom of the screen (as you would see it in an instructional music book).
2) Gives a wide view of the entire guitar (with the fret hand and the pick hand in action) – along with printed tab running at the bottom of the split screen.
3) Gives a close up view of the frets and a Picture in Picture close up of the pick hand strumming the strings.
It gives the student multiple ways of viewing the instructor playing each song.
You can choose to hear the songs in “Demo” mode, which gives the option of listening to drums, bass and back-up guitar softly in the background. The instructor is playing the lead guitar, as you view exactly what he is doing. This lets you listen to the songs as you would hear them with the entire band. Either that, or if you want, you have the option of “turning the guitar off”, which allows you to play along as the lead guitar part in the song.
It is pretty easy to change between options with your DVD remote. You of course can pause, rewind or play it in slow motion, which is very helpful for beginners.
There is a brief spoken lesson for each song that is on the DVD. The lesson is a quick summary where the instructor first gives a little background on the band and/or song. Then, he goes over a few techniques and points out some portions of the song that may be tricky or may require a bit more explaining. This is the only time during the instruction that he speaks. So, during the actual playing part, if you get stuck on something, you may have to get out of the view that you are in, and go back into the main menu to review the spoken instruction portion again.
- Dokken – Breaking the Chains
- Queensryche – Empire
- Black Sabbath – Iron Man
- UFO – Lights Out
- Scorpions – Rock You Like a Hurricane
- Alice Cooper – School’s Out
- Megadeth – Symphony of Destruction
- Judas Priest – You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’
Running time: 02:09:00
Video: MPEG2 720×480 6000 kbps NTSC 29.97 fps AR: 16:9
Audio: AC3 2 ch CBR 192 Kbps 48.0 KHz
Size: 4.22 Gb