Guitar Techniques March 2008 (#149)
Aug 15 2011
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! Future Music brings you the most in-depth news and reviews from respected industry professionals. We’ll also give you all the advice you need to get the most from your current set-up, and interviews with musicians at the cutting-edge of technology.
Guitar Techniques March 2008 (#149) contents:
- Rush: YYZ – By request, their killer instrumental fully tabbed for you by Steve Allsworth
- Steve Stevens: Top Gun Anthem – This one’s got the lot: cool theme, great bends and a nice bit of widdle thrown in!
- The Shadows: Cavatina – If you can play with half of Hank’s control, then pat yourself on the back!
- Isaac Albeniz: Asturias-Leyenda – You asked for Bridget and for this very track-so here it is. Flex those fingers!
- Never miss another issue! – And get a great exclusive offer.. 6g
- Lessons Introduction – Doctor Cripp…er…Sidwell shows us what’s in this month’s exciting lessons section…
- Blues – Play like a true original – Lonnie Johnson!
- Classic Rock – Backstage with Motley Crue? Well, sort of…
- Indie Rock – Now you too get The Feeling…
- Tasty Chords – Extending chords in the CAGED system with Katie Melua’s guitarist Justin Sandercoe
- Modern Metal – Our little Lamb Martin goes God bothering
- Creative rock – Shaun Baxter turns off the distortion and enters clean rhythm territory. Yikes!
- Jazz – More from Pete Callard on this mode of the Melodic Minor scale, the Mixolydian b6
- Acoustic – Meet acoustic blues legend, Leadbelly!
- Rock school – This month, try a grade 7 rock piece
- Video Masterclass – Alex Skolnick. In the first of great series from this rocker turned jazzer, Alex shows his chordal accompaniment (comping) skills…
Includes original Mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF