Guitar Techniques June 2011
Apr 13 2017
Guitar Techniques June 2011 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! Future Music brings you the most in-depth news and reviews from respected industry professionals. We’ll also give you all the advice you need to get the most from your current set-up, and interviews with musicians at the cutting-edge of technology.
Guitar Techniques June 2011 (#192) contents:
- Free: All Right Now – Classic band. Classic guitarist. Classic track. Classic riff. Classic solo. Classic transcription! Steve Allsworth shows you how it’s done!
- Gene Vincent: Race With The Devil – Jeff Beck reckons it’s one of the greatest ever tracks. Learn this fret-melting rock and roll gem with Phil Capone as your guide.
- Tchaikovsky: Sugar Plum Fairy – Bridget Mermikides transcribes this delightful piece from the maestro’s Nutcracker Suite so you can play it on solo classical guitar.
- Rossini: William Tell Overture – Paul Bielatowics dons a black mask, climbs on a snow-white stallion, shouts “Hi-ho Silver” and delivers another Classical Shred finger-twister!
- Sort out your picking: With John Wheatcroft – Our Mersey Monster gets to the heart of most guitarists’ biggest problem area – accurate string picking. Wheaty will sort you out!
- Lessons introduction – Jason Sidwell with what’s in this month…
- 30-minute lickbag – BIMM’s Scott McGill has six more great licks: from beginners to beguilers!
- Blues – John Wheatcroft says there’s no point in learning all the notes if your feel, phrasing and rhythm chops don’t cut the mustard.
- Rock – Martin Cooper talks us back to the heady times when Guns N’Roses featured both Slash and Izzy Stradlin on guitar.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter shifts the emphasis this month from lead to rhythm, with chord inversions.
- Slap guitar – In his brilliant new series Tech Music School’s Alessandro Puddu shows us how to bring chords into the slapping equation.
- Jazz – Pete Callard’s series on solo jazz performance continues, showing us the building blocks of chord melody playing – strap yourself in!
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan’s Americana series meets a true legend of the genre: Woody Guthrie.
- Rockschool – James Uings with more Grade 5 ideas. This time: negotiating a chord sequence.
- Steve Lukather PT 1 – The amazing ‘Luke’ shows us some great ways to play outside the boring old blues ‘box’.
- Subscriptions – Great offers and GT delivered to your door!
- Albums – This month’s CD and DVD releases reviewed.
- Theory Godmother – David Mead answers your playing posers and technical teasers. Email him your questions.
- Teacher directory – Are you searching for a local teacher with RGT credentials? Look no further!
Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.
Text Format PDF, 100 pages