Guitar Techniques July 2008 (#154)
Aug 20 2011
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! Future Music brings you the most in-depth news and reviews from respected industry professionals. We’ll also give you all the advice you need to get the most from your current set-up, and interviews with musicians at the cutting-edge of technology.
Guitar Techniques July 2008 (#154) contents:
- Joe Satriani: Midnight – Satch’s 1980s classic performed by the man himself and tabbed by Steve Allsworth
- The Pretenders: Kid – Jon Bishop shows us how to play the Pretenders’ most infectious hit
- Four Faces of Clapton – Neville Marten uncovers EC’s Bluesbreakers, Cream, solo career and unplugged sides…
- Modern Acoustic Styles – Stuart Ryan shows you how to tap, slap and hammer out today’s coolest acoustic sounds
- Sidders introduces the techniques section
- Blues – Play Otis Grand-style
- Classic Rock – Learn how to play like AC/DC!
- Reggae – Master the mighty One Drop
- American Icons – This month it’s The Band’s Robbie Robertson!
- Country Essentials – Learn chicken picking with Dario Cortese
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter focuses on ‘inside-outside’ notes
- Jazz – Pete Callard revisits the Lydian Augmented
- Acoustic – The unmistakable style of John Martyn
- RGT – Make the acoustic grade with the Registry!
Includes original Mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF