Guitar Techniques July 2007 (#141)
Aug 06 2011
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! Future Music brings you the most in-depth news and reviews from respected industry professionals. We’ll also give you all the advice you need to get the most from your current set-up, and interviews with musicians at the cutting-edge of technology.
Guitar Techniques July 2007 (#141) contents:
- Pentatonicks: The ultimate workout! – Learn how the blues, rock and greats make the most of the pentatonic
- Racer X: Technical Difficulties – Jamie Humphries transcribes it and the mighty Paul Gilbert gives you a unique video demonstration!
- Muse: Stockholm Syndrome – Learn the twisted and classically-inspired progressions
- John Jorgenson – The much respected ex-Hellecaster talks about his love for gypsy jazz and Django Reinhardt
- Lessons Introduction – Jason Sidwell’s news and views, and what’s in Lessons this issue…
- Blues – John Wheatcroft looks at work of electric guitar pioneer Charlie Christian
- Classic Rock – Riff like the glam metal pioneers Kiss!
- Rhythm – Learn the jangly guitar style of Johnny Marr!
- World – This month Tolis looks at scales and rhythms from the Balkans
- Brit Rock – Learn some ’90s-style Britpop with our very own Stereophonic Workshop!
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter weaves his way around the slippery topic of legato lead
- Jazz – Explore the unusual guitar style of Bill Frisell!
- Acoustic – Learn to play like Rodrigo y Gabriela
- RGT Grade 5 – Train your musical ear!
- Exclusive masterclass from… Mattias Eklundh – This extraordinary Swedish rock guitarist demonstrates his amazing techniques, up close, for the camera…
Includes original Mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF