Guitar Techniques August 2001
Aug 23 2016
Guitar Techniques August 2001 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! Future Music brings you the most in-depth news and reviews from respected industry professionals. We’ll also give you all the advice you need to get the most from your current set-up, and interviews with musicians at the cutting-edge of technology.
Guitar Techniques August 2001 contents:
- Paul Kossoff – An excerpt from David Clayton’s book about Free, focussing on Paul Kossoff’s life and our specially featured transcription “The Hunter”
- Style Analysis – A look at Paul Kossoff’s style and vibrato primer
- Free – A full transcription of “The Hunter”, a long-time stage favourite and showcase for Kossoff’s awesome playing style
- The Commitments – Wilson Pickett’s “Mustang Sally” – with added soul power!
- The Beach Boys – Not a lot of people realise that Chuck Berry wrote “Surfin” USA”…
- Sylvius Weiss – The haunting “Pausane”, delivered by gt’s Weiss squad, Richard Stokkereit
- John Lee Hooker – A style study, featuring “This Is Hip” and “You’re Going To Miss Me When I’m Gone”
- Open string chord voicings – Eric Roche looks at using open strings in chords – Pat Metheny style
- String bending thru scales – The Hellecasrer’s Will Ray does it – now you can, too!
- Yngwie Malmsteen style – Guthrie takes a look at the super Swede’s soloing style
- Harmony soloing – Two guitars in blissful harmony? Dave K passes on the known-how
- Fingerpicking workout – Using fingerpicking patterns thorough chord arrangements
- Dominant scale soloing – Jon Scofield likes a natural 6th in his dominant scales – give it a try!
Original CD mp3 Tracks included
Text Format PDF, 77 pages