Guitar Techniques April 2008 (#150)
Aug 16 2011
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! Future Music brings you the most in-depth news and reviews from respected industry professionals. We’ll also give you all the advice you need to get the most from your current set-up, and interviews with musicians at the cutting-edge of technology.
Guitar Techniques April 2008 (#150) contents:
- Play Better! Ultimate Practice Plan – A direct result of readers’ requests, this great John Wheatcroft feature will set up your practice routine for life!
- Albert King. Laundromat Blues – Albert’s first hit and some of his best ever playing. Your service wash is done by Steve ‘Dot Cotton’ Allsworth.
- Robben Ford. Cannonball Shuffle – This brilliant instrumental is a must for any blues band’s set. Dario Cortese is your Ford escort!
- Lessons Introduction – GT’s answer to The Stig shows what you’ll find in this month’s exciting lesson section.
- Blues – Play like rockin’ schoolboy Angus Young.
- Classic Rock – It’s those Texan bearded beauties, ZZ Top!
- Indie Rock – Play like US indie stars The Killers
- Tasty Chords – Using altered chords in the CAGED system with Katie Melua’s guitarist Justin Sandercoe
- Modern Metal – Martin Goulding clocks in at the Fear Factory
- Creative Rock – Thought you knew your five-note scales? Well here’s the Dominant Pentatonic, says Shaun…
- Jazz – John Wheatcroft begins a three-part feature on gypsy jazz. This month: La Pompe rhythm
- Acoustic – The father of acoustic blues, Son House…
- Rock School – This month it’s a funky a grade 7 piece
- Video Masterclass – Alex Skolnick. This month Alex shows how he solos over a II V I chord sequence in C – are you ready to play along with our star tutor?
Includes original Mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF