Guitar Techniques September 2010 (#182)
Dec 19 2010
Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. The Guitar Techniques tutors’ workshops provide some of the best guitar tuition available. Current regular columns include soloing, jazz and fingerstyle. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks to let readers play along. If you want to become a better guitarist, Guitar Techniques is the magazine for you. Guitar Techniques September 2010 contents:
- Ultimate Acoustic Blues – Play like the Greats
- Dokken – Mr Scary
- Slash – Play like this guitar giant
- 30-minute lickbag – Six juicy licks from BIMM Brighton’s masterful Scott McGill. From Easy to Eek!
- Blues – John Wheatcroft took a look at the blues-rock style of Free’s legendary Paul Kossoff. But he’s alright now.
- Rock – Martin Cooper dissects the style of Them Crooked Vultures
- Fusion – Gianluca Corona on jazz-rock legend and Eleventh House member Larry Coryell
- Creative Rock – This month Shaun Baxter looks at blues turnarounds – with a difference.
- Classical – Another wonderful piece by the famous Italian guitarist and composer, Matteo Carcassi – It’s Opus 60, No 6
- Jazz – Pete Callard shows us how to jazz up a minor blues chord progression
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan avoids losing his temper as he demonstrates the art of cross picking
- Video masterclass – Carl Verheyen Tutorial Pt.2
Original Tracks mp3 and Video included
Text Format PDF