Guitar Techniques July 2010 (#180)
Dec 18 2010
Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. The Guitar Techniques tutors’ workshops provide some of the best guitar tuition available. Current regular columns include soloing, jazz and fingerstyle. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks to let readers play along. If you want to become a better guitarist, Guitar Techniques is the magazine for you. Guitar Techniques July 2010 contents:
- The Shadows – Wonderful Land
- Fleetwod Mac – Jigsaw Puzzle Blues
- Steve Vai – Juice
- Traditional – House of The Rising Sun
- Fernardo Sor – Study in E, Opus 6 no 3
- 30-Minute Lickbag – We bring you six more superb licks from BIMM Brighton’s masterful Scott McGill. From doddle to darned difficult.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft takes a look a the sophisticated and jazz tinged blues style of the awesome Scott Henderson.
- Rock – Martin Cooper dodges the volcanic ash as he visits Seattle this month for a date with the style of Soungarden’s Kim Thayil
- Fusion – Gianluca Corona on the unique lead guitar style of the criminally under-sung but fabulous fusion ace, Bill Connors
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter unleashes the fury of the harmonic harminor scale (chords)
- Rock’n’Roll – It’s 50 years since Eddie Cochran died and The Nevster shows how to sound like this tragically short-lived rock’n’roll great.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan fixes his steely gaze on plectrum techniques this month. If you don’t practise hard he’ll focus this attention on you!
- Video Masterclass – Pat Martino tutorial Pt.3
Original Tracks mp3 and Video included
Text Format PDF