Fred Sokolow – Beginner’s Fingerpicking Guitar
Nov 18 2016
This DVD is the follow-up lesson to Fred Sokolow’s Beginner’s Fingerpicking Guitar. It presents six classic fingerpicking tunes, including solos and accompaniments, with a bluesy and country flavour. Fred plays and sings each arrangement up to speed and then slows them down explaining any unusual or difficult licks. Close-up views of both hands make it easy to learn the arrangements. It is basic fundamentals to get your fingers coordinated to the finger picking style. It was obviously one of Fred`s early lessons as he has improved considerably on presentation with his newer efforts.
The lessons are progressive, starting from a simple pattern and then gradually building in complexity. The skills learned in one section support the exercises in later sections. Sokolow also takes some time to talk about ideas for how the player can use the playing techniques he teaches to arrange new material.
- How to fingerpick in several keys
- Soloing and accompaniment in standard, dropped D and open D tunings
- Moveable chord formations
- Several major scales
- A fingerpicking scale exercise
- Melodies and alternating thumb-bass at the same time
- Lots of well known tunes including Stealin’, Stagolee, Wabash Cannonball, Nine Pound Hammer, Sloop John B, Jamaica Farewell, St. James Infirmary Blues, Careless Love, House Of The Rising Sun, Scarborough Fair and Streets Of Laredo.
Running time: 70 min
Video: AVI 640×480 900 kbps 23.976 fps AR: 4:3
Audio: MP3 128 Kbps 48.0 KHz
Booklet: Yes (PDF)
Size: 701 Mb