Fender Presents – Getting Started on Acoustic Guitar with Keith Wyatt
Oct 31 2016
By far the most comprehensive DVD ever offered for the beginner guitarist. Over 3 hours long! Over 50 Interactive Lessons! Step-by-step lessons incorporating clear, easy-to-follow 3-D graphics and unique play-along tracks teach the viewer the essential chords, scales, and techniques used by acoustic guitar players in every popular style, including rock, blues and country. This DVD is separated into two major sections.
Keith Wyatt is an excellent teacher. His style is well-paced and clear. He covers a lot of little details without talking too much or overwhelming the student. He makes it look very easy, which can be frustrating, but anyone can apply his techniques with practice. He actually demonstrates most of the lessons on electric guitar, but it’s all good. The first menu has a lesson on tuning, and gives the pitches for you to match.
He teaches basic chords and chord patterns in the easier keys. He also covers scales, strumming and rhythms, along with the simple use of power chords. There are practice tracks to play along with, and with the random access of DVD you can skip around to any lessons you like. There are also lessons in picking, fretting, and soloing. And he reviews all of these things in 3 genres – rock, blues, and country. This DVD, as well as the electric guitar version, are among the most well-produced and pleasant to watch videos on the subject.
This DVD has clear instruction, starts with the basics, gets a beginner launched correctly. The professional drums and bass (not midi imitations) allow you to play with a “band,” and they loop, so you can work on a chord progression or solo technique over and over until you get it.
The First Step (part 1):
- tuning up
- string names
- essential chords and scales used by all players
- music reference section (notes, rhythms, chords and scales)
- practice tips
- fretting-hand technique
- picking-hand technique
- backing tracks for play-along
- animated 3-D fretboard graphics
Play Acoustic! (part 2):
- rhythm technique (bare finger/thumb, bass/chord, fingerstyle, etc.)
- soloing technique (chord embellishment, open-string chords, using a capo)
- electrified acoustic rock, blues and country styles
- rhythm and solo technique in each style
- backing tracks in each style for play-along
- tips on caring for your instrument from the Fender Custom Shop.
Language: English, French, German, Spanish
Running time: more than 3 hrs
Video: MPEG2 Video 720×480 (4:3) 29.97fps 4000kbps
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch 160kbps
Size: 4.6 Gb