Drummers Collective: 25th Anniversary Celebration & Bass Day 2002
Aug 25 2011
A two disc set. On sunday November 24, 2002, Drummers Collective, the world’s premier drum school, celebrated its 25th Anniversary with an incredible evening of music. Featured performers included some of the most creative and influential drummers and bass players in the world. The 2 disc set features 4 drummers and 2 bassists that are possibly the best at their instruments. The second disc has many bonus features that are interesting if you ever get past the first disc.
This performance demonstrates why Dave is one of the best drummers out there. Horacio plays a good set with John Pattatucci who proves himself to be a master. Steve Smith does a fine job as well and Victor Wooten is phenomenal. The Steve/Victor sequence is a real joy to watch as these 2 talented musicians dig deep to demonstrate their capabilities. Steve Gadd plays a smooth, ‘pocket-filled’ set that rounds out the performance. His simple yet masterful playing highlights why he is so popular.
This DVD is a must have for drummers and bass players. What an incredible lineup. Steve Smith and Victor Wooten are worth the price of this dvd by themselves. Horacio shows why he has raised the bar for latin drumset playing. And then there is Steve Gadd-no one plays the drums like he does and the camera work and sound make it like you are sitting in the audience. There are great interviews with all of the performers and some really cool behind the scene footage. And for bass players John Patitucci and Felix Pastorius are amazing. At over 5 hours, sit back and enjoy the show.
- Dave Weckl And The Dave Weckl Band, featuring Tom Kennedy on Bass, Steve wingart on keyboards, and Gary Meek on sax.
- Horacio ‘El Negro’ Hernandez and John Patitucci, with keyboard player, Oriente Lopez.
- Victor Wooten
- Felix Pastorius, special guest
- Steve Smith
- Steve Gadd and The Gadd Gang, featuring Cornell Dupree on guitar, Eddie Gomez on Bass, Ronnie Cuber on baritone sax and Larry Goldings on Hammond B3.
- Kenwood Dennard
- Collective Faculty Ensembles, featuring Memo Acevedo, Louis Bauzo, Fernando Hernandez, Cliff Korman Michael Lauren, Irio O’Farrill, Tim Quimette, Kim Plaimfield, Leo Traversa and Bob Quaranta.
- 5.1 Surround Sound mixes on four tunes, mixed from the drumchair.
- Artist Interviews
- Alternate Edits that include FootCam feature
- Bonus Footage: Steve and Victor’s rehearsal and teh Gadd Gang sound check
- Photo Gallery
Running time: 3 hours
Video: MPEG2 NTSC 4:3 (720×480) VBR
Audio: AC3, 2/0ch, 224Kbps
Size: 4.2 Gb + 4.6 Gb