DRUM! October 2013 (#208)
Jul 28 2016
The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM! October 2013 (#208) contents:
- Questlove. The Roots drummer has the most enviable resume in the music biz, and yet he’s still not sure what kind of drummer he is.
- Arin Ilejay. The newest member of Avenged Sevenfold battles with a legacy that would be too much for most other drummers.
- The Drum Stars Of YouTube. They harness the Internet to find their audience. You too could be a Web celeb.
- The Percussionists Of Santana. An historical overview of a hand-drumming institution.
- Product Test. Gon Bops Orestes Vilato Timbales.
- Lessons. Richie Gajate-Garcia combines congas and bongos. Glen Caruba incorporates congas into the kit.
- Get Your Drums To Sound Like Stevie Wonder’s.
- Ddrum Chrome Elite Triggers
- Paiste Signature Precision Cymbals
- Workshop. A Method To A More Musical Bass Drum Technique
- Practice Pad. Chad Smith’s full-body warm-up. Wally Schnalle’s got odd-metered fills. Glen Sobel shows us some ruff stuff.
- Jimmy DeGrasso. The Black Star Riders drummer has a lot on his plate, but he keeps it all as balanced as his single strokes.
- Mikey Montgomery. The iwrestleabearonce speed demon’s feet almost never fail him.
Text Format PDF, 108 pagesDownload DRUM! October 2013 (#208) free and other lessons from our site