DRUM! March 2013 (#201)
Jun 05 2016
The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM! March 2013 (#201) contents:
- Dominic Howard. With The 2nd Law, Muse’s drummer has not only blurred the line between acoustic and electronic beats, he’s made such dualistic thinking obsolete.
- John Stanier. Juggling both Battles and Tomahawk, the one-time Frankenfoot behind Helmet keeps finding new ways to funk it up.
- Special Report: Pain And Numbness. Identifying the danger signs and tips for longevity in your career.
- Adam Pierce. On Candela, the Mice Parade percussionist brings the whole kit and cajon.
- Product Test. Remo Versa Drums
- Lessons. A simple setup switcheroo reinspires Richie Garcia. Glen Caruba goes for a swim.
- Minimalist Miking For Ambient Acoustic Scenarios
- Crescent Cymbals
- Drum Parts. Hatebreed basher Matt Byrne is ready to brawl on “Before The Fight” from new album The Divinity Of Purpose.
- Lessons. For John Wicks, the paradiddle keeps on giving. Rich Redmond perfects his time with more musical drum machine loops.
- Chad Wackerman. From Bad Religion to Tenacious D, the youngest member of a SoCal drumming dynasty elevates every project he touches.
- Michael “Moose” Thomas. Bullet For My Valentine’s punisher keeps his cool on Temper Temper — but just barely.
Text Format PDF, 100 pagesDownload DRUM! March 2013 (#201) free and other lessons from our site