DRUM magazine November 2014
Oct 01 2016
DRUM magazine November 2014 PDF download. The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM magazine November 2014 (#221) contents:
- Shannon Larkin. Primus’ clasic lineup reunited in Wonkaland, but not without an unexpected dose of drama, “Herb” explains.
- Dave King. If you think you can define the eclectic Bad Plus drummer in a sentence this short, you don’t know Dave King.
- Leading From The Throne. Transformative moments explored in transcription and analysis from eight 2014 solo albums by drummers.
- How To Buy Your First Kit. Need a gift for a beginning drummer? Ask these ten questions before buying junior’s first drum set.
- Dave Lombardo. The king of thrash proves there’s life after Slayer with a sharp left turn into progressive pastures.
- Joe Lastie. Being Preservation Hall Jazz Band’s drummer is a dream gig, which is why this guy is always smiling.
- Djembe Tuning And Maintenance. Tuning and caring for your djembe is as much ritual as it is practical. What you give is what you get back.
- Gon Bops Cymbals
- Taku Hirano interprets an Aretha classic.
- Creative E-Kit Challenge. Escape that rut by trying these ways to kickstart creativity. They’ll mess with your head and your e-kit.
- Gretsch Marquee Kit
- Vic Firth Colaiuta and Greiner Sticks
- Dunnett R-Class Components
- Workshop: How To Season A Tasty Groove
- Danny Gottlieb swings a syncopated Philly Joe intro. Wally Schnalle offers hand/foot brainteasers. Glen Sobel fakes double bass.
Text Format PDF, 116 pagesDownload DRUM magazine November 2014 free and other lessons from our site