DRUM magazine May 2016
Dec 22 2016
DRUM magazine May 2016 PDF download. The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM magazine May 2016 (#239) contents:
- Abe Cunningham. Holding a band together for more than two decades can be serious business, but when it comes down to playing, the Deftones’ drummer just wants to have fun.
- POV. What can every drummer learn from jazz?
- Bring On The Stress! Stepping outside your comfort zone can be a good thing.
- Legal Beat. Should you sign an artist development deal? Read this column first.
- You Are What You Eat. Inflammation got you down? Curcumin to the rescue!
- Allison Miller. This drummer and composer wears a lot of hats, in and out of her jazz trio, Boom Tic Boom.
- John Fred Young. Black Stone Cherry’s drummer proves that you can go home again.
- New Drum Sets For 2016. We saw kits aplenty at this year’s NAMM show, and now you will, too.
- Johnny Vidacovich. The veteran New Orleans drummer marches to the pulse of the Quarter.
- Edgar “Meshlee” Modesto. Percussionist, vocalist, and torchbearer of Buyepongo uses music to build bridges.
- Day & Night. Be prepared to make the switch: understand the key differences between playing live and recording in the studio.
- Tama Starclassic Performer B/B Exotix Series
- Zildjian S Family Cymbals
- Focus On Your Foot. Fifteen ways to make your bass drum playing more expressive.
- Lessons. Anika Nilles explores more Subdivisions, employing fivebeat fills with kicks. Danny Gottlieb deconstructs Les McCann’s deep-blues piano rhythms for drummers. Get your Groove on with Chris Fryar’s introduction to the shuffle.
Text Format PDF, 100 pagesDownload DRUM magazine May 2016 free and other lessons from our site