DRUM magazine June 2015
Nov 02 2016
DRUM magazine June 2015 PDF download. The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM magazine June 2015 (#228) contents:
- Chris Fryar. Not quite a Horatio Alger tale, but close. In and out of music school. Four sets a night in any grimy honkytonk with a stage. ¬e future looked pretty uncertain until the phone rang. It was Zac Brown.
- Daniel de los Reyes. It takes two to tango. We hear from the other side of Zac Brown Band’s rhythm team.
- Gear Guide: New Cymbals For 2015. Latest bronze fresh from the oven.
- Rayford Griffin. The fusion ace pays homage to his late uncle on his new solo album.
- Gavin Harrison. Porcupine Tree goes big band.
- Steve Johnson. Cookin’ with Alabama Shakes greasy groover.
- Studio No-Nos. Thirteen things you should never do in the recording studio.
- Ludwig Legacy Mahogany Drum Kit
- Latest Remo Powerstroke Heads
- Sabian Big & Ugly Cymbals
- Keith Carlock Drum Parts. Everyone’s favorite hired gun walks us through his riffs on “Orphan” from Toto’s latest.
- If you didn’t get your fill of shuffles in April, Aaron Comess throws a few more on the pile. Matt Byrne challenges you to try these three-note linear cross rhythms. Gil Sharone dives into the roots of reggae with the one drop beat.
- DJ Bonebrake. It took one look at a public school‚ sad little music room to convince Sorum to launch Adopt Arts.
- What’s Your Drumming IQ? How much do you know about the drummers of psychedelia?
- Drum Care. You can coax three sounds from one snare drum. Here’s how.
- Moment In History. The Greatest Drummer you never heard of.
- Rhythmic Physician. Ignore these warm up/cool down tips at your own peril.
- You Are What You Eat. The truth about supplements.
Text Format PDF, 100 pagesDownload DRUM magazine June 2015 free and other lessons from our site