DRUM magazine August 2015
Nov 13 2016
DRUM magazine August 2015 PDF download. The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM magazine August 2015 (#230) contents:
- History Of The Snare Drum. Travel to the thirteenth century, march through the Civil War, swing through jazz and bebop, power through rock, and arrive at today’s golden age of snare drums.
- Snare Drum Anatomy. Just so we’re all on the same page, learn the many parts that make up a snare drum, what they’re called, and how they work.
- How Snare Drums Are Built. Follow step-by-step through the process of building a snare drum at DW’s factory — from pressing plywood to polishing hardware.
- Shell Engraving Explained. Ever wondered which primary tool a master engraver uses to pizzazz to a metal shell? It’s patience, and plenty of it.
- Snare Drum Roundtable. Four snare experts met way too early before the Chicago Drum Show opened to shoot the breeze about snare tuning, feel, and sound.
- 10 Snare Drum Buying Tips. Do yourself a favor. Save some money and time, and get the snare sound you want by following these ten practical tips.
- World’s Greatest Vintage Snare Collection. We venture into the inner sanctum of Mike Curotto’s $1.5 million collection to learn some history and gaze at extremely rare snares.
- Eight Ways To Play A Snare Drum. One snare drum + a pair of sticks – a drum key = eight completely different sounds you can get from a snare drum.
- 2015 Snare Drum Gear Guide. Dozens of new snare models were introduced this year, and we cover them all with specs, photos, and pricing.
- Thaddeus Dixon. Meet the engineer steering Meghan Trainor’s runaway train.
- Ryan “Rymo” Moran. Life’s a beach on the Slightly Stoopid drum throne.
- Mapex Black Panther Artist Inspired Snares
- Tama S.L.P. Big Black Steel & Star Zebrawood Snares
- Hendrix Stave Snare Drums
- Sammy Figueroa. Subtle nuances and touch trump solos and chops on the veteran percussionist’s most recent CD Imaginary World.
- Danny Gottlieb interprets a drum part recorded by Paul Wertico, his replacement in Pat Metheny’s band. Gil Sharone offers some more variations on the one-drop beat. Matt Byrne shares some cool five-beat linear phrases, while Glen Sobel rocks some three-note groupings.
Text Format PDF, 108 pagesDownload DRUM magazine August 2015 free and other lessons from our site