DRUM magazine August 2014
Sep 14 2016
DRUM magazine August 2014 PDF download. The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM magazine August 2014 (#218) contents:
- Tommy Lee Takes A Bow. As Mötley Crüe embarks on the last tour of its career, the drummer takes stock of a pop-metal institution. What a long, strange trip it’s been.
- Glen Sobel: Pre-Show/Pre-Tour Prep. Alice Cooper’s powerhouse basher discusses what happens before you hit the stage — from rehearsals to backstage warm-ups.
- Rich Redmond: The Business Of Touring. Jason Aldean’s veteran drummer shares secrets to getting the most out of your touring dollars.
- Mark Poiesz: Gear Up For Gigs. Take it from Tyler Farr’s drummer — you don’t want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere without the right supplies.
- Sean Fuller: How To Stay Healthy On The Bus. Touring with Florida Georgia Line is nothing short of a year-round sprint. Here’s how Fuller keeps up and keeps fit.
- Chris Johnson: Logistics Of The Road. Time management. Packing. Traveling overseas. Itineraries. Rihanna’s rhythmic ace on surviving (and thriving) during a world tour.
- Aaron Draper: Getting Along With Bandmates. It’s important to keep a cool head with bandmembers while on tour. Draper knows, backing up both Rihanna and Eminem this year.
- Devin Webster: Onstage Issues. Things can go wrong — and go very right — in the middle of a show. Here’s how Eminem’s drummer deals with both.
- Gear Guide: New Hardware For 2014. The latest pedals, stands, mounts, thrones and other kit essentials.
- Being Sheila E. The first lady of percussion talks about her role in a hand drum dynasty, working with Prince, and the inspiration behind her new solo album.
- Minimalist Miking Techniques. The art of getting a big sound with the fewest microphones.
- Mapex Black Panther Snare Drum Roundup. Nomads, Machetes, RetroSonics, and Phat Bobs — oh, my!
- Workshop:20 Greatest Open Hi-Hat Moments. Essential hat flavors — and their precise notation — for your trick bag.
- Brad Wilk. The Black Sabbath pinch-hitter is still raging against the machine.
Text Format PDF, 100 pagesDownload DRUM magazine August 2014 free and other lessons from our site