DRUM! July 2013 (#205)
Jul 04 2016
The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM! July 2013 (#205) contents:
- Brad Wilk. When the former Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave skinsman was asked to fill his hero’s shoes, well, let’s just say he couldn’t say no to Sabbath.
- Hannah Ford. One of the industry’s hardest working drummers (and occasional hater target) lands a coveted slot with Prince.
- 15 Steps To Being A More Creative Drummer. Follow these guidelines to take yourself and your drumming off the grid.
- Spotlight: Brazil. In Latin America’s most populous region, a mix of cultures yields a rich rhythmic heritage.
- Product Round-Up. The latest from LP, Meinl, and Gon Bops
- Lessons. Taku Hirano puts brush to box. Glen Caruba finds inspiration on the links.
- Trigger Parameters 101. Essential steps to achieve e-kit nirvana.
- Dialed In. New gear from Yamaha, Alternate Mode, and The Loop Loft
- Robert Ortiz. Escape The Fate bruiser discusses the manic beats of “You’re Insane.”
- Lessons. Rich Redmond rocks the bell. Glen Sobel celebrates his favorite rudiment. Danny Gottlieb takes on one of Tony Williams’ trickiest solos.
- Scott Rockenfield. The driving force behind Queensrÿche is all business.
Text Format PDF, 108 pagesDownload DRUM! July 2013 (#205) free and other lessons from our site