DRUM! January 2013 (#199)
May 24 2016
The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM! January 2013 (#199) contents:
- Disciples Of Bonzo. More than a dozen top drummers pick their favorite Led Zeppelin track (including transcription) and explain why John Bonham still rules.
- Jason Bittner. The Shadows Fall drummer comes to Anthrax’s rescue, but he’s got far bigger challenges than the occasional sub gig.
- Alex Van Halen Hotlicks. Notation and analysis for nine of Van Halen’s biggest hits. We want some too.
- Ustad Lal Singh Bhatti. With his transcendent voice, an embrace of DJ culture, and a dhol, the Punjabi percussionist has everything he needs to achieve nirvana.
- Product Test. The Dube. An approach to the cajon from every side.
- Lessons. Taku Hirano shows how to out-machine the machines. Comping is easy with songo patterns, says Richie Gajate-Garcia.
- Monitor Level Calibration. The Secret Of Pro Mix Engineers
- Dialed In. New E-Gear From Simmons, Roland, and Drumdrops.
- Ddrum Paladin Drum Set
- Bosphorus Samba Series Cymbals
- Drum Parts: Chris Prescott. Decoding the pulse on “Proceed To Memory” from Pinback’s new album.
- Lessons. Danny Gottlieb on reading jazz figures. Rich Redmond’s tips for double bass power fills.
- Martin “Marthus” Skaroupka. The Cradle Of Filth drummer scares us — but in the best possible way.
Text Format PDF, 108 pagesDownload DRUM! January 2013 (#199) free and other lessons from our site