DRUM! February 2013 (#200)
May 30 2016
The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM! February 2013 (#200) contents:
- Events. From battles to TV broadcasts, the pivotal moments that made drum history what it is.
- Beats & Fills. The essential patterns that have made an indelible impression on our collective musical consciousness.
- Performances & Recordings. Albums, songs, and the rhythmic moments therein that any self-respecting drummer needs to experience.
- Gear & Technology. More than a century’s worth of innovations, improvements, and engineering breakthroughs that have evolved the drum set and facilitated the art of beat making.
- Geoffrey Gordon. Before his unexpected death late last year, the percussion experimentalist imported global rhythms into mainstream media, but the spiritual realm was never far behind.
- Product Test. Kopf S-Series DoubleShot Cajon
- Lessons. Glen Caruba gets tricky with tambourine syncopations. Richie Gajate Garcia doubles up the rhythms with djembe and cajon.
- The Best iPhone Music Apps For 2013
- TrapKAT 5KS
- Mapex MyDentity Series
- Evans G1 Heads With Level 360 Collar
- Lessons. Matt Byrne breaks out of the 4/4 bubble with some rock beats in 11/8. Danny Gottlieb demonstrates some key off-beat comping licks. Wally Schnalle expands the jazz vocabulary times three.
- Workshop. How To Play Charts With Feeling
- Jeffrey Clemens. The G. Love skinsman has never had a better reason to party.
Text Format PDF, 124 pagesDownload DRUM! February 2013 (#200) free and other lessons from our site