DRUM! February 2012 (#188)
Apr 15 2016
The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM! February 2012 (#188) contents:
- Cymbals: The Whole Story. What’s with our enduring fascination with bronze discs? From ancient bacchanals to modern arena rock, the cymbal abides.
- Forging Methods. The four main approaches to cymbal making from around the world.
- Cymbal Timeline. Highlights from the Bronze Age to the information age.
- Cymbal Selection Pie Chart. An exhaustive guide to today’s range of finishes and textures and what they mean for your sound.
- The Art Of Cymbal Smacking: A Visual Guide. Maximize the quality of sounds you draw from your cymbals.
- Testing Tips. Fail-safe strategies to determine the cymbal that’s right for you.
- Cymbal Perspectives. My life in search of the perfect cymbal sound.
- Matt Nolan. The DIY cymbalsmith expands the sonic and visual paradigm.
- All About The Gong. The skinny on the outsize percussion accoutrement.
- Choice Pies From The Ultimate Collection. A tour of some magnificent gems.
- The Complete Cymbal Company Directory Manufacturers from A to Z.
- Poncho Sanchez. The percussionist known as El Conguero takes the lessons of his idols to new heights.
- Product Test. New gear from LP, DingDrum, and Z-Stik.
- Lessons. Taku Hirano teaches us the value of multitasking with our percussion cymbals; Glen Caruba shows us a cymba trick that’s a snap to master.
- How To Record Cymbals. The crispest chick, liquid-sounding crash, and crystalline ping await you — minus the harshness.
- Dialed In Zildjian Gen 16 AE Cymbals
- Natal Drums And Hardware
- Cymbal Polish Shootout. We put the leading metal balms to the ultimate test.
- Sam Loeffler. For the Chevelle drummer, tracking “Face To The Floor” from new album Hats Off To The Bull was a serious headache.
- PRACTICE PAD. Billy Martin juices the shuffle; Rich Redmond lays into the cymbals; Matt Byrne is hot for the hats; and Wally Schnalle spells out the V Stick technique.
Text Format PDF, 132 pagesDownload DRUM! February 2012 (#188) free and other lessons from our site