DRUM! December 2013 (#210)
Aug 13 2016
Drum magazine December 2013 PDF download. The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
Drum magazine December 2013 contents:
- Nathan Followill. How Kings Of Leon’s bespectacled backbeat got his groove back.
- James Cassells. Growing pains behind him, the hammer of Asking Alexandria puts the pedal to the metal and his nose to the grindstone.
- Pancake Drums. Once upon a time, the snare world was flat.
- Yousif Sheronick. Combining world rhythms and classical training, the multi-instrumental percussionist puts his stamp on the experimental music scene.
- Complete Percussion Company Directory
- Product Round-Up. The latest from Toca, SKB, and Out Of The Drawer
- Lessons. Peg-drum tuning primer from Glen Caruba.
- Electronic Drum Sets Under $500
- Ancient Tree “The Architect” Snare Drum
- Trick Hardware: Predator Hi-Hat Stand, Pro 1-V Chain Pedal, Laser Triggering System, and more
- WORKSHOP. How To Drum In The Moment
- Danny Gottlieb on ending fills in odd times. Matt Byrne’s exercises for equalizing double-kick strokes. Three-limb comping with Wally Schnalle. Chad Smith shows the way to perfect triplets.
- Adam Carson. The AFI drummer’s beats are massive. On Burials, they’re massive-er.
Text Format PDF, 134 pagesDownload DRUM! December 2013 (#210) free and other lessons from our site