Babatunde Olatunji – African Drumming
Jul 26 2010
Talented African drummer Babatunde Olatunji serves as instructor for this informational release, designed to teach and motivate any aspiring drummer – no matter the skill level. The comprehensive curriculum includes the fundamentals as well as specific techniques, cadenced sequences and popular arrangements. Also highlighted is the spiritual aspect associated with African drumming, on models such as the Ashiko and Djembe.
Babatunde Olatunji first astonished audiences with his African drumming group and 1959 recording ‘Drums Of Passion’. Baba has since traveled the world, where he has continued to spread the knowledge and sounds of his incredible drumming powers. African Drumming’ presents the best of Baba with inspiring words of wisdom and exciting performances.
- Nigerian culture and traditions of the drum
- Telling ‘The Story Of Fire’ with the drum
- Baba’s famous gun, go o, pa ta vocalization
- Trademark Baba rhythms in play-along format
- Perfomances with drums of pasion members
- Notation of all rhythms in enclosed pamphlet
Running time: 2 hours
Video: MPEG-2, 720 x 480, 4:3, 29.97 fps, 3.00 Mbps
Audio: stereo, 48 kHz, 256 kbps
Size: 3.7 Gb