At a Glance Jazz Guitar
Nov 14 2016
At a Glance Jazz Guitar DVD download with PDF book. A truly helpful package that presents basic chord inversions useful in jazz, as well as a context to play them in – basic jazz progressions like rhythm changes and 2-5-1s using the different inversions. Most of the basic jazz books neglect these basics for more complex material.
This is a great and basic package that those trying to grow from rock/country/metal into jazz can easily apply and start PLAYING tunes instead of just reading theory. Most instructional packages focus on complex chord studies and lead lines and leave out the basics you need to become fluent in rhythm, which is where you should start. You can’t play lead and improvise until you can play the songs.
A first of its kind, the At a Glance series pairs an instructional DVD lesson taught by a professional guitarist with a supplemental book for a comprehensive learning experience. Each book/DVD features several lessons pertaining to one topic, and the DVD lessons feature on-screen music. The lessons are loaded with valuable tips and information. Jazz Guitar – At a Glance features four lessons: Beginning Jazz Rhythm Guitar, Jazz-Blues Progressions, Beginning ii-V-I licks, and Jazz Phrasing.
Other great basic packages are the Mel Reeves Play Jazz Guitar Now DVD, and the Fred Sokolow Playing and Understanding Jazz Guitar DVD, both with great written reference booklets included. The John Pizzarelli DVD is also a fantastic review of basics and very entertaining, he’s unbelievably talented. But he’s not a jazz snob, just someone whose had complete immersion in the music and with the people since he was a child; unfortunately, there’s no written reference material in that dvd.
- All The Things You Are – Ella Fitzgerald
- B.B.’s Boogie – B.B. King
- Billie’s Boogie (Bill’s Bounce) – Charlie Parker
- I Remember You – Diana Krall
- I’ll Remember April – Perry Como
- Impressions – Pat Martino
- In A Mellow Tone – Ella Fitzgerald
- Like Someone In Love – Frank Sinatra
- Moonlight In Vermont – Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday
- Nardis – Bill Evans, Charlie Haden
- Oleo – Miles Davis
- On A Slow Boat To China – Frank Loesser, Kay Kyser
- St. Thomas – Jim Hall
- Solar – Pat Metheny
- Speak Low – Billie Holiday
- Sundown – Gordon Lightfoot
- That’s What You Think – Freddie King
- This Masquerade – George Benson
- Yardbird Suite – Charlie Parker
- Yesterdays – Billie Holiday
Running time: 00:39:58
Video: MPEG2 720×480, 16:9, 8661.37 kbps, 30 fps
Audio: AC3, 192,0 kbps, 48,0 kHz, 2ch
Booklet: Yes (PDF)
Size: 2.46 Gb